Who can vote?
You are eligible to vote if:
- you are a resident, owner or tenant of property in Peterborough, and
- you are a Canadian citizen, and
- you are at least 18 years of age
If you are a student living in Peterborough while attending school:
- you can vote in the Peterborough municipal election, and
- you can vote in your home municipality
Which offices am I voting for in this election?
You may vote for:
- one candidate in the office of Mayor, and
- two Councillors in your ward, and
- one or two Trustees depending on which school board you support
Your Voter Notification Card
Your Voter Notification Card:
- tells you when, where, and how to vote in the 2022 municipal and school board election
- includes your username and PIN for online voting
- includes your location for in-person voting
Are you on the voters list?
Use the city’s Voter Registration Portal to check if you are on the Voters List. You can also make additions or changes to your information.
See the City of Peterborough’s Voters page for more information.